December 25, 2012
2013 is coming and it is high time to sum up the results of KAP Jumping Horse Show season.
A lot of work has been done: 6 events were held successfully, 3 of which were World Cups and 5 – Nations Cups; 181 athletes and 386 horses competed; the events were attended by more than 10 000 spectators, and the total prize money was € 879 000.
Those who watched the events live and on TV witnessed the hot contest between the famous athletes with dozens of victories under their belts and the rising stars that were not known before. We present a list of 6 best riders in their categories:
- Most profitable athlete. This place is given to Kristaps Neretnieks with € 69 378 total winning for the season;
- Biggest simultaneous winning. The winner in this category is the rider who won Grand Prix in the main event of this summer (CSIO5* in Moscow) — Kir Major. Balance of the winner increased on € 28 380 that day;
- Most active athlete. None of the competitors at the KAP Jumping events could not appear more at the arena than tireless Lithuanian athlete Andrius Petrovas. His name was announced 86 times;
- Most technical athlete. If not everyone then many can ride at the competition without penalty points. Not to make any mistakes at all is a great skill. Piotr Morsztyn became the most accurate athlete of the season. He made a mistake gaining penalty points only in 3 competitions out of 13;
- Top-performing athlete. The winner in this category is Natalia Simonia (Russia), who performed successfully at 10 competitions out of 13 (77%) in Moscow;
- ROLEX – One to watch. This is a monthly nomination, the winners of which are the rising stars such asAlexandr Belekhov. Thanks to the successful participation in the KAP Jumping events Alexander made a substantial leap to the top of the Rolex Rankings. The rider got up 194 lines from #418 to #224 position.
You can find out more about the athletes here.